17 February, 2010

I hate Black armor!



So, as I'm finally doing some painting on the marines, I thought I'd give you guys an update. Not much done yet, most of the highlighting on the armor is finished though. The pic with the 3 marines showing miss some final highlights. I tried to capture the highlighting on the armor, but I guess that's something to see better in the future (due to the lighting). Expect updates soon now, as I'm getting the hang of the 'batch' painting!
But I don't like painting it.. there is only highlighting, but you can't do too much or it will look too gray. Marines with other colors are more fun to paint I think, as you can do more things with the armor (real blending etc), ah well, there is still much left on the model to paint with that in mind!





4 comments:

  1. lol so did i .. so i went for a darktone grey works pretty good and with a few washes of badab black you can make it near black. Check my blog for a pic on my version of the templars.

    +++ olberon out +++

    ReplyDelete
  2. whats the grey pencil or paint?

    and where do you get your bases from?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The grey is paint. I don't do pencils, I have a very thin brush for that, this one to be precise ;)

    The bases are from Scibor , really nice! Although the airbubbles will kill you when you need to fix that on 30 25mm bases :p

    ReplyDelete